Open doors at the greenhouses
Sunday, May 24, 2020.
At the Park's greenhouses and in the vicinity (corner of Briand and De Bernières).
Informations : 418-649-6157 / 1-855-649-6157.
The annual event for young and old!
- Distribution of plants
- Family entertainment
The Great Celebration of Nature brings the magic of spring to the Plains of Abraham every year. The Green Environment team will throw open the greenhouses doors and offer visitors friendly plant and tree advice.
For information purposes, see the 2019 program in the Informations tab. Stay tuned for the 2020 program!
Exhibitors and Conferences
Outside the greenhouses, a team of experts will share their knowledge on a variety of nature-related topics. Conferences will also be offered throughout the day.
Young and old will have great fun enjoying the different activities planned throughout the day. To make sure everyone has their fill, meals and snacks will be available onsite. Perfect for a picnic!
Distribution of plants
Very popular! Some 1000 plants grown in the park's greenhouses will be offered free of charge to the first visitors (quantities are limited, one plant per person). Plants of trees, of various species, will also be distributed.
The park's greenhouses—among the oldest still active in Quebec—grow approximately 45,000 annual, biennial, and perennial plants that are used to beautify the Plains of Abraham and Des Braves Park. Here, tradition and state-of-the-art horticulture techniques go hand in hand. Come see for yourself at this one-day open house. The staff of the National Battlefields Commission will be on hand to answer your questions and give practical advice on plant and tree care.
The Commemorative Program
The Commemorative program of the National Battlefields Commission lets donors choose a splendid tree or a stylish, elegant bench designed for this purpose, with a commemorative plaque. Find out more! Staff will be at your disposal to answer questions.
11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. : Cindy Trottier, Tendance Radis | Initiation au mode de vie Zéro déchet
1 p.m. to 2 p.m.: Albert Mondor, Horticulture extrème | Le potager urbain
2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.: François St-Pierre, Du toit à la table | L'agriculture urbaine pour limiter l'empreinte écologique des villes
All conferences will be in French only.
- Mobile sugar shack and petting zoo
- Face painting
- Play area
- Craft station
Distribution of plants
- Starting at 10:30 a.m., at the Plains of Abraham greenhouses
- Quantities are limited, one plant per person.
- Aquarium du Québec, Aquavan
- Club d'astronomie Véga de Cap-Rouge | Astronomy
- Coopérative La Mauve
- Craque-Bitume, collectif en écologie urbaine
- Du toit à la table | Urban Agriculture
- ÉCOSPHÈRE | Environmental and Green Housing Fair
- Friends of the Plains of Abraham
- La ferme Pélipa
- La Récolte | Inspire change and accompany a minimalist lifestyle.
- Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources
- Ministère des Forêts, de la Faune et des Parcs
- Natural Resources Canada | Emerald ash borer
- Rucher Turlu | Bee's fabulous universe
- Société d'histoire forestière du Québec
- Société d'horticulture de Québec
- SPA de Québec
- The National Battlefields Commission | Security Service - Coffee with a cop, greenhouses tour, distribution of seedlings, horticultural advices, commemoration program, forest inventory, family entertainment
- Ville de Québec
2019 Plains of Abraham Great Celebration of Nature