Take a breath of fresh air in the heart of the city while strolling on the ice on the Plains of Abraham. Located at playing fields, the rink allows visitors to fully enjoy winter, free of charge.
The skating rink can accommodate up to 350 skaters and will be in place from mid-December to mid-March.
On site, equipment rental (ice skates, snowshoes and skis) as well as food and refreshments (lunch counter) are offered in the comfort of the heated skaters' chalet.
Where: Located at the playing fields, west of the Musée national des beaux-arts du Québec - see map.
When: December 14, 2018 to March 2019 depending on weather conditions.
Cost: Free access.
Services: For your comfort, you have access to the skaters' chalet offering a rental service, as well as a snack bar.
Schedule: Daily, from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
The skating rink will be closed due to special events:
- Saturday, February 23, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.;
- Sunday, February 24, from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.;
- Tuesday, February 26, from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.;
- Wednesday, February 27, from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.;
- Saturday, March 2, from 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.;
- Sunday, March 3, from 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Speed skating: Daily, from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Ice maintenance: Daily, from 12:00 p.m. to 12:30 p.m., and from 4:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Information: 581-777‑0700 ville.quebec.qc.ca
Photo courtesy : Ville de Québec