Take a breath of fresh air in the heart of the city while strolling on the ice on the Plains of Abraham. Located at playing fields, the rink allows visitors to fully enjoy winter, free of charge.
The skating rink can accommodate up to 350 skaters and is in place from mid-December to mid-March.
On site, equipment rental (ice skates, snowshoes and skis) is offered in the comfort of the heated skaters' chalet.
Where: Located at the playing fields, west of the Musée national des beaux-arts du Québec - see map.
When: December 14, 2019, until March 15, 2020.
Cost: Free access.
Services: For your comfort, you have access to the skaters' chalet offering a rental service.
Schedule: Daily, from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Speed skating: Daily, from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Ice maintenance: Daily, from 12:00 p.m. to 12:30 p.m., and from 4:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed due to special events
- Saturday, February 22: from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday, February 23: from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 25: from 10:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 26: from 10:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 29: from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, March 1: from 8:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m
Information: 581-777‑0700 ville.quebec.qc.ca
Photo courtesy : Ville de Québec